To instantly estimate the weight of your horse, scroll down to use our Horse Weight Calculator
Why do I need to know how much my horse weighs?
- To calculate your horse’s feed ration.
- To accurately identify weight loss and weight gain. Allowing you to keep your horse or pony at a healthy weight by adjusting feed and grazing accordingly.
- To identify any sudden weight loss which may indicate a health problem.
- To enable the correct dosage and administration of medication, supplements and wormers.
- Determining the maximum weight a horse can carry in a specific moment (preventing musculoskeletal problems sum of rider and gear should not exceed 15-20% of the live weight).