Horses and People Magazine current print issue.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in evidence-based, ethical horse health, welfare, training and management.
Our mission is advancing One Welfare by finding solutions that benefit our horses, people and planet.
You get the best mix of tradition and latest knowledge of best-practice covering all aspects of horsemanship.
Inside this magazine you will find:
Front Cover Story: Soulmates: The heartwarming story of young horse woman Freida James and her mare Bailey, photographed by Louise Sedgman as part of The Sweet Teen Project, raising funds for Headspace Australia.
Equestrian culture and lifestyle:
- Horses and People in Art: Bucket List of the World’s Best Horse Museums; written by Dr Georgina Downey.
Sustainable horse management:
- Sustainable Horse Keeping: ‘When in Doubt, Turn Them Out!’; by Jessica Morton
- Equine Permaculture: ‘Recovering from Bushfires Part 3: Managing Rainwater Around Your Facilities’; written by Dr Mariette van den Berg.
- Science Corner: ‘Active Stables Really do Encourage Movement’; Research report by Christa Lesté-Lasserre.
- ‘Top Tips for Buying a Horse Float’; sponsored by Fitton HorseInsure
Health, Welfare and Research:
- Impact of Birth Trauma on Performance and Welfare, Part 3: The Girthy Horse; by Dr Ian Bidstrup
- Will You Know When It’s Time? Humane end-of-life decisions; by Dr Paul McGreevy
- The Role of Specialist Veterinarians and Referral Hospitals; by Dr Brett Tennent-Brown
- Science Critique 101: No Research is Perfect, and That’s the Point!; by Dr Kirrilly Thompson
Evidence-based horse and rider training:
- From the Experts: ‘The Road to Bridle-less Explained’; by Manuela McLean
- Horse Training Course: ‘7 Ways to Becoming a Proactive Trainer’; by Dr Kate Fenner
Sustainable Future for Horse Sports
- Rider Mindset: ‘Embracing the Unknown’; written by Tanja Mitton
Blogs and tips:
- Herbal Sense: ‘Rosehips’; compiled by Hetty Tapper.
- Get the Show on the Road: ‘Rapid (One Pot) Rice’; Recipe by Peter Wolfe.
- Herd in the Paddock Blog: ‘Paddock Ornaments’; written by Jill Griffiths
This and more, in the Horses and People Magazine current print issue – May-June 2021!
To make sure you don’t miss out on any issues, become a subscriber and have your magazine delivered directly to your mail box! Click here to become a subscriber today.
To promote your products and brand through Horses and People Magazine, click here to contact JSL Media.