- Horses and People is best known for delivering ethical, sustainable and evidence-based information to horse owners and professionals.
- At Horses and People you will find horse care, management and training information that is holistic, sustainable and grounded in both, science and practice.
- In fact, upholding the highest standards of integrity in delivering constructive information is Horses and People’s main agenda.
Horses and People is different
Other horse magazines try to be everything for everyone, but at Horses and People you will find a common theme throughout – well-being – because when you place horses’ and people’s physical and mental well-being at the centre, your equestrian dreams fall into place!
“Horses and People’s mission is to publish and promote constructive information that contributes to safeguarding and improving the lifestyle, welfare and safety of horses and people.”
Horses and People and collaborates with an exceptional range of contributing authors – like-minded horse people who are passionate advocates for horse welfare, who share their expertise and inspiration on all fields of horsemanship.
The story so far…
Horses and People Today
- A print magazine that is distributed to subscribers in Australia and New Zealand, as well as to a vast network of newsagents and other outlets within Australia.
- A digital magazine pupblished on our state-of-the-art e-magazine app with subscribers around the world.
- An online resource with multi-media information on all horse keeping subjects and equine research.
- A social community of horse lovers who embrace horse-centered ideas to strengthen the special bond they strive for with their horses.
Cristina Wilkins, Horses and People Editor and Publisher
Phone: 1300 230 484 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristina joined Horses and People in 2004 and has been Editor-in-chief since 2009 and sole Director since 2019. She is passionate about promoting evidence-based, sustainable and ethical horse keeping. Originally from Spain, and always mentored by progressive equestrians, Cristina competed with success in the eventing discipline, leading to being selected for the Spanish elite squad in preparation for the Barcelona 1992 Olympic Games. After many years coaching and competing and some years living in New Zealand, she settled with her husband in Queensland in 1998. Cristina’s world changed when she translated into Spanish ‘The Truth About Horses’ by Dr Andrew McLean and discovered learning theory and equitation science. She was a member of the Council of the International Society for Equitation Science for 8 years, a Guest Editor for The University of Sydney’s School of Veterinary Science, and her special interest is improving the communication of evidence-based information to equestrian communities to engage them in positive change.
Linda Zupanc, Administration and Design
Linda Zupanc has been a horse lover since early childhood, playing polocrosse as a junior, dabbling in dressage and CTRs, and generally riding for her own pleasure. She has adopted two off-the-track Standardbreds, with plans to start them under saddle. Linda’s professional background is in project management and logistics. She took up photography as a hobby to share with her husband, and found she thrives with technical and creative challenges. She joined the Horses and People team in 2014, and whilst still actively involved with Horses and People, she does so under daZoop Designs, the company she has founded to assist small businesses in the horse industry to develop their brand and achieve their marketing goals.
Phone: 1300 992 602 | Email: email@example.com
Horses and People at a glance…
- A trusted and respected resource with a global reputation for producing top-quality, progressive and ethical information.
- A close and dedicated team with a passion for horses and people, and combined expertise in the equestrian industry, media and marketing, we specialise in personalised service to readers and advertising clients.
- A multi-platform, Australian-based publication producing print and digital editions, an online platform and social community.
To connect with us…
Call for a chat on 1300 230 484.
If you prefer the convenience of the digital magazine, download the Horses and People App on the App Store or Google Play.