Horses and People Magazine current print issue.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in evidence-based, ethical horse welfare, training and management.
Our mission is advancing One Welfare – finding solutions that benefit everyone; horses, people and the environment.
With this in mind, we team up with an exceptional group of like-minded experts, horsemen and horsewomen to share information and inspiration on all fields of ethical horsemanship.
Inside this magazine you will find:
Front Cover Story: Life Lessons from Hanna Rush and Triandibo Roc n Lynx, photographed by Louise Sedgman
Equestrian culture and lifestyle:
- Horses and People in Art: Forging Ahead: Farriery in the Art of the horse; written by Dr Georgina Downey.
- Horse People: Who will the pony pic? written by Kate Ames.
Sustainable horse management:
- Equine Permaculture: Recovering from Bushfires Part 1: Minimising Erosion; written by Dr Mariette van den Berg.
- Property Management: Natural and Sustainable Horse Management, Part 1; written by Jane and Stuart Myers.
- Safety Report: Protect and Prepare; sponsored by Fitton HorseInsure.
- BONUS: 7-Point Horse Emergency Plan; by Horse SA
- Healthy Horses: Impact of Birth Trauma on Performance and Welfare, Part 1; by Dr Ian Bidstrup
- Healthy Horses: The Sacroiliac Joint; by Naomi Miller
Evidence-based horse and rider training:
- From the Experts: ‘Setting Good Ground Rules Part 6: Head Control’; written by Sophie Wyllie.
- Horse Training Course: ‘Facts and Myths in Horse Training’; written by Kate Fenner.
Sustainable Future for Horse Sports
- A Kinder Horse World: Make Hay, Not Straw Men! A Guide to Recognising and Avoiding False Arguments; by Dr Kirrilly Thompson
- Social Licence to Operate: The New Gatekeepers of Horse Welfare; by Lisa Ashton
- Rider Mindset: ‘Taking Stock and Moving Forward’; written by Tanja Mitton
Blogs and tips:
- Herbal Sense: ‘Echinacea’; compiled by Hetty Tapper.
- Get the Show on the Road: ‘One Pot Hearty & Quick Veggie Stew’; Recipe by Peter Wolfe.
- Herd in the Paddock Blog: ‘Silver Linings’; written by Jill Griffiths
And there is so much more to be found in the Horses and People Magazine current print issue – January-February 2021!
To make sure you don’t miss out on any issues, become a subscriber and have your magazine delivered directly to your mail box! Click here to become a subscriber today.
To promote your products and brand through Horses and People Magazine, click here to contact JSL Media.