Horses and People Magazine September-October printed issue.
We’re donating $2 from each magazine sold through our shop to Headspace Australia, the National Youth Mental Health Foundation.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in evidence-based, ethical horse welfare, training and management.
Our mission is advocating for the welfare and safety of horses and people. We believe in placing physical and mental well-being at the centre.
With this in mind, we team up with an exceptional group of like-minded experts, horsemen and horsewomen to share information and inspiration on all fields of ethical horsemanship.
Inside this magazine you will find:
Equestrian culture and lifestyle:
- Horses and People in Art: ‘A History of Diagrams and Illustrations in Riding Manuals’; written by Dr Georgina Downey.
- Horse People: ‘The Book that Inspired my Way of Life’; written by Judith Newton.
Sustainable horse management:
- Property Management: ‘Watering Systems and Troughs’; written by Dr Carol Stephens.
- Equine Permaculture: ‘Get to Know Your Pastures, Part 3: Tropical (C4) Plants” written by Dr Mariette van den Berg.
Health, research and social licence to operate:
- Health Report: ‘Protecting Your Horse During Transport’; sponsored by Fitton HorseInsure.
- Healthy Horses: ‘The Making of an Equine Athlete Starts in Utero’; written by Dr John Chopin.
- Sustainable Horse Sports: ‘Bridle Fitting for Welfare’; written by Natascha van Eijk.
- A Kinder Horse World: ‘Are you Ready for Equine Agency?’; written by Dr Kirrilly Thompson.
- Social Licence to Operate: ‘Legitimacy’; written by Lisa Ashton
Evidence-based horse and rider training:
- From the Experts: ‘Setting Good Ground Rules Part 4: Yield the Shoulders’; written by Sophie Wyllie.
- Horse Training Course: ‘Race-2-Ride: A Better Transition’; written by Kate Fenner.
- Rider Mindset: ‘Recovering Your Worth’; written by Tanja Mitton
Blogs and tips:
- Herbal Sense: ‘Self-heal Bach Flower Essence; compiled by Hetty Tapper.
- Get the Show on the Road: ‘Campfire Cooked Pasta Carbonara’; Recipe by Peter Wolfe.
- Green Pony Blog: ‘Still the Same Horse’; written by Jill Griffiths
And there is so much more to be found in the Horses and People September-October 2020 magazine!
To make sure you don’t miss out on any issues, become a subscriber and have your magazine delivered directly to your mail box! Click here to become a subscriber today.
To promote your products and brand through Horses and People Magazine, click here to contact JSL Media.